Craftiness, baking and other lovely things.

Thursday 14 February 2019

Cake, crochet and croup




It has been a very busy week.

Two of my three children had birthdays.  Yes, we are awash with cake.  This year's cakes were unfeasibly tall and almost impossible to cut.  Almost.  They are also delicious and in the interests of reducing food waste I have substituted cake for lunch (at least) once this week.

In crochet news, I have a new pattern coming out this week.  Pop back tomorrow for more information and a special offer.



I've been working on a 'how to crochet' board on Pinterest, gathering tips and tutorials from the internet for quick and easy reference.  You can find it here.  I am still amazed at how brilliant Pinterest is - from crochet stitch help to a recipe for dinner tonight to how to do that eyeliner flick, it's all there.  Bit of a rabbit hole, though.  Much self-discipline is required to avoid losing an hour or two gazing at gorgeous stuff you didn't even know existed.

Today's plans have fallen apart.  Instead of food shopping, lunch out and possibly a trip to the yarn shop*, my youngest, who has had a slight cough for a few days, woke up this morning barking like a seal.  Croup doesn't frighten me like it did the first time I heard it, but it's not nice.  My poor little poppet is a bit up and down but lots of cuddles seem to be helping.  And thank goodness for Calpol, to soothe her sore throat.  Looks like it might be cake for lunch again.



*This trip to the yarn shop is actually borne out of genuine need for yarn.  Really.  I'm working on new designs for my book and my stash doesn't have the right colour/weight/fibre combinations.  Which doesn't mean that I definitely won't buy more than I need.  It's rude to ignore yarn when it asks you to take it home.







No comments:

Post a Comment